Change IMEI Number on Android (No Root)
Every cell phone comes with a unique identification number called IMEI. IMEI number also known as International Mobile Equipment Identity, is a unique code which we can use to track the Phone in case we lose it.
Today, we are going to see some methods to change IMEI number on Android in less than 2 Minutes. It doesn’t matter if you have Android, iOS or Windows, all devices come with an IMEI Number. For some reason you may want to fake it to another number, let’s change the IMEI Number of the smartphone.
The IMEI number is used to track the device. Let’s say you choose the service of a certain company that only gives free access to some premium stuff for free. But this offer is limited to per person per device. In this context, when you register for certain services they will record your device ID (IMEI Number) and if you try to access their services again with the same device. They will find it and show you an error message saying that this device is already registered on their network. This is how it works.
Let’s say you lost your phone somewhere and you can’t find it anywhere. Now, if you want to register a legal complaint with Cyberteam, you have to provide them with the IMEI number so that they can track the exact location.
So, these were some of the uses of IMEI Number and why you should change IMEI number to enjoy free stuff over and over again from one device. Now, let’s start with the actual process of changing IMEI Number on Android.
Change IMEI Number with IMEI Changer
I am going to share some methods to change IMEI Number on Android devices. The first method is for Non-Rooted device users and the other is for Rooted Android device users.
If you have a rooted device then it will be very easy for you. Non-Rooted users don’t worry, follow the steps mentioned below and you will get the IMEI Number in no time.
Method 1: Change IMEI Number – No Root
It is always recommended that you take note of the original IMEI code before making any changes for future reference.
- Now select “Engineer Mode(MTK)” option from toolsFirst, download the MobileUncle tool from the link below
- Once downloaded, Install and Open MobileUncle tool for Android
- Now select “Engineer Mode(MTK)” option from tools
- Scroll down further you will find an option called “CD Information”. Tap on that and you will get lots of info about your device.
- Click on Radio Information and then two options appear, Phone 1 and Phone 2.
- Choose a Sim of your choice. Select the Phone 2 option
- Press the “AT +” button
- Now, here you need to add IMEI Number. For that leave space after AT + and then type the IMEI Number you want to change there.
- For example, you can type something like AT+1234567891234567
- The IMEI number will be a unique 15 Digit tracking number.
- After you finish typing, click the SEND AT COMMAND button to save the settings.
- To see the changes made to the IMEI Number, just reboot the phone and go to the phone Settings to see if the IMEI Number has changed or not.
So, this is how we change IMEI number in Non-Rooted Android devices like smartphone or Tablet. The steps to change IMEI Number and device information of Rooted device will be much easier than Non-rooted device. So, if you already have a Rooted device then I highly recommend you to go to the next method mentioned below, it is a specific method for all rooted Android devices.
Read Also :
- How To Change Android SMS Limit Without Root
- Remove Bloatware From Samsung Galaxy S10 Without Root
- Enable More Features In Galaxy S10 Camera
Method 2: Change IMEI Number – Rooted Device
This method applies to all rooted Android devices. No matter what version of Android or ROM you are running, it works great on almost any rooted device.
Before starting, make sure you have Xposed Framework installed and running on your device.
Step 1: First of all make sure you copy the original IMEI Number for future reference. You can follow the below mentioned steps to get your IMEI Number or you can look at the phone dosbok to get the IMEI Number of each device.
Open Dialer on your phone, then type *#06# and it will automatically display the IMEI number. If you have multiple sim slots, it will also show multiple IMEI numbers.
Step 2: Open the Xposed Framework and then switch to the Modules tab, from there tick on the IMEI Changer App option.
Step 3: Now, you need to reboot the device. You can do a normal restart or do a soft reboot within the Xposed app. If you want to run the device quickly, then you can try a soft reboot.
Step 4: After reboot, open the IMEI Changer App and there you will find two tabs. The first is the Current IMEI Number and the other is the New IMEI Number.
Step 5: Just type in the random IMEI Number which you want to change. Once you have finished typing the New IMEI Number for Android, click the Apply button to save the settings.
Once done properly, the Current IMEI Tab will show the new IMEI number you provided in step 5. You can also confirm that it has changed by going to settings or pressing #*06# from the phone Dialer.
Now, you have successfully changed IMEI number in less than a minute with the IMEI Changer App module of Xposed Framework.
The above is a way to change the IMEI number on non-rooted Android devices and on rooted devices, I hope you can understand this tutorial easily. If you have any questions, please leave a comment in the column below.