Enable More Features In Galaxy S10 Camera
The Samsung Galaxy S10 has a great camera although it is far from claiming to be the best smartphone camera. Samsung really has to step up its game with its next flagship. Meanwhile, developers have found a way to improve the camera features on Samsung’s current flagship, the Galaxy S10.
It turns out that there are a few that you can enable more for features on the Galaxy S10 camera. Keep reading to unlock Galaxy S10 hidden camera features with a simple hack.
That’s right, the Camera app on the Galaxy S10 can do a lot more than the Samsung does. For example, there is currently no way to manually select any of the scenes from the scene optimizer.
This is automatic and may not always be what you want. Another example is how you can only shoot a Super Slo-mo video once per video. These restrictions don’t make sense and removing them would certainly be a great feature.
Well, it turns out that you can activate both of these features. The Galaxy S10 camera uses the camera-feature.xml file which is stored in the system directory. Twitter user Edd shared a modified camera-feature.xml file that can be replaced with the original file.
The file contains the code needed to activate additional features on the Galaxy S10 camera. This saves you time typing or even copying and pasting code in a file.
- Shooting Method
- Anti Tooth
- Manual Scene
- Choose between Scene Optimizer scenes manually
- SuperSlowMo Multi Take
- Take multiple Super Slow Motion Videos when going into one video
- Enable HRS capture
- Use the Heart Rate Sensor to take selfies
- Live Focus Dual Capture
- Take Live Focus photos with multiple sensors
- Rooted Samsung Galaxy S10.
- File explorer capable of performing operations in root storage.
You probably already know messing with files in root storage is risky. If something goes wrong, you might see a bootloop or even a soft brick. You must understand the risks involved and take full responsibility for your actions.
You can proceed with confidence that this method will work. It’s still possible, something went wrong. In this case, you should understand that it has been warned, and that you stick with it. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for any damage to your device.
Download Galaxy S10 Camera Mod
How To Unlock Galaxy S10 Hidden Camera Features
To enable the hidden camera feature of Galaxy S10, follow these steps:
- Download the camera-feature.zip file from the link we provided above.
- Extract zip anywhere and you should have two folders named modified and original with the instructions text file. The original folder contains original camera-feature.xml file, while the modified folder contains modified camera-feature.xml file.
- Long press on the camera-feature.xml file from the modified folder and copy it.
- Go to /system/cameradata/ folder of the root directory using file explorer that we also provided above. This is where the Galaxy S10 camera feature files are stored.
- Paste the copied modified camera-feature.xml file here and choose to replace the original file when asked.
- Reboot Galaxy S10.
That’s all, if you have any questions you can leave a comment in the column below.