How To Unlock Bootloader On OnePlus 7 And OnePlus 7 Pro
Whether you need to root the device, flash a custom recovery or change the system via various Magisk modules, the first requirement in all of this is that you must have an unlocked bootloader. Therefore, in this tutorial, we will show you how to unlock bootloader of the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.
OnePlus devices never fail to make their users happy. Developing in such a great place, there is always a buzz every year around its launch. And this time it was no different. With almost the same display as its predecessor, 12GB of RAM and 256GB of storage, plus a cool 48MP camera, the OnePlus 7 Pro grabs everyone’s attention.
And if you are among those who are constantly looking to modify their device, you will know that we need to unlock our bootloader first to gain access to system files (via root, which is possible after unlocking the bootloader). Not only root, but flashing a fastboot rom or even a custom rom requires an unlocked bootloader. So in this guide I will tell you how to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.
Ways To Unlock Bootloader Of OnePlus 7 And OnePlus 7 Pro
Unlocking the bootloader may seem a daunting task for many, especially for those coming from Xiaomi devices. But that’s not the problem here. Just one line of code and you can do it. Unlocking the bootloader comes with a lot of benefits too. Not only you can flash custom rom, but you can also easily root the device. And rooting opens the door to a lot of new things.
For example, you can change the theme of your device using Substratum, install modules from Magisk, tweak your system through various frameworks provided by Xposed, remove unnecessary pre-installed apps, set CPU, overclock, etc.
So if you are ready to unlock the bootloader of your OnePlus device, just follow the guide below.
- [IMPORTANT] Make a complete backup of data as all data on internal storage will be deleted.
- Just charge the device.
- Enable OEM Unlock device. For that Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build Number 7 times -> Go back to Settings -> Developer Options -> Enable OEM Unlocking.
- Make sure to install the latest OnePlus USB Driver
- Also install ADB and Fastboot Tools to enter ADB commands.
How To Unlock Bootloader Of OnePlus 7 And OnePlus 7 Pro
1. Go to the folder where you installed ADB and Fastboot (eg C:\adb).
2. While holding down the Shift key, right-click on an empty space inside the ADB and Fastboot folders.
3. Select Open Powershell window here.
4. Turn off device
5. Hold Volume Up and Power Button together to enter fastboot mode.
6. Connect OnePlus 7 / OnePlus 7 Pro to PC via USB cable.
7. Type the code below:
8. If you get Device ID, then connection is successful. Otherwise, make sure you have the latest OnePlus USB Drivers installed on the PC.
9. Now to unlock the bootloader, type:
fastboot oem unlock
10. Soon as this command is executed, you will get a Warning Message on the screen.
11. Use Volume Keys to highlight the ‘Unlock Bootloader’ option
12. Finally, press the Power button to unlock bootloader on OnePlus 7 / OnePlus 7 Pro.
13. Your phone will now boot into OS with the Bootloader Unlocked.
Congratulations, you have successfully unlocked OnePlus 7 / OnePlus 7 Pro bootloader. You can now go ahead and try different mods, ROMs, etc.
One important thing to remember is that every time you reboot your device, you will see a message, ‘The bootloader is unlocked and software integrity cannot be guaranteed ‘. Don’t worry, your phone is totally fine and running safely.
Also every time your device reboots, you will get this warning message. You cannot delete this message until the device is unlocked. The only solution to this is to relock the OnePlus 7/7 Pro bootloader.
So this was our guide on how to unlock bootloader on OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro. If you have any questions about this guide, feel free to ask in the comments section below.